Why Robotic Cleaning Machines
Companies of all kinds are recognizing the positive impact due to the innovation behind robotic machines. Their businesses—and employees— have become more productive and efficient.
Robotic cleaning machines offer practical advantages to both facility managers and BSCs—including increasing productivity, improving employee retention, and reducing accidents.
Having a robotic machine in the background enables your already hard pressed team to get to all of the things they need to do.
With the help of robotic machines, cleaning crews work faster, assist more facilities, upgrade their level of service, and keep customers happy.
Robots also improve the safety of work environments by reducing accidents and mistakes due to human error.
How do robotic cleaning machines work?
The first thing to know about robotic floor scrubbers is that most are not entirely new machines. These machines are typically ride-on floor scrubbers that most cleaning teams inside of a commercial facility are used to — with one major difference: they are fitted with sophisticated, AI-driven technology and sensors to help the machine move and clean autonomously. This approach offers a key advantage to healthcare organizations, when compared to robotic cleaning machines designed from the ground up: it combines best-in-class cleaning technology with best-in-class AI, ensuring organizations do not have to compromise on cleaning performance or autonomous functionality.
- Control Panel
- Much like a tablet or mobile phone, operators access the robotic floor scrubber functions via a touch sensitive user interface screen. All common functions, such as teaching a route, selecting a route and viewing training videos, are accessed via the user interface screen next to the steering wheel.
- Lidar Sensors
- LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) sensors accurately scan the area in front of and to the sides of the machine for a wide range of potential obstacles.
- Proven Scrubbing Technology/ Hardware
- Most robotic floor scrubbers use the same proven hardware and technology to execute floor cleaning as that found in manually operated machines. This delivers proven floor cleaning performance.
- AI Driven "Brain"
- The AI-driven brain of the robotic floor scrubber pulls together the real-time inputs from all the sensors to guide the machine safely and accurately through a space. This central, cloud based AI software platform also serves as the interface between the machine and robot trainer/operator.
- 3D Cameras
- 3D cameras located on the front of the steering column allow the cleaning machine to perceive the environment around it and detect any potential safety hazards.
- 2D Cameras
- Located on the sides of the machine, identify the home markers that the robotic cleaning machine relies on to complete cleaning routes.
Are robotic cleaning machines right for your business?
For facility managers and BSCs, robotic cleaning machines offer powerful benefits—everything from greater speed and consistency, to detailed performance tracking and brand enhancement. However, there is a variety of factors that go into determining if these machines are a good fit for you. It’s important to speak with an experienced partner to help evaluate your situation and decide what’s best for your organization. Sunbelt Rentals offers a Flex-Program, a sourcing alternative which features the standard model T-7 AMR with reduced rates for 12, 24, and 36 month terms. Specialty configured machines including ec-H20 are available for rentals longer than 12-months. Find out more.