OUR TEAM IS HERE TO SUPPORT YOU THROUGH HURRICANE ZETA. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Renting great equipment will be the easiest part of your job because we promise Availability, Reliability, and Ease — in terms of both our people and our products.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A FACEBOOK® AND/OR INSTAGRAM® ACCOUNT IS REQUIRED TO ENTER. JOINING FACEBOOK AND/OR INSTAGRAM IS FREE. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK OR INSTAGRAM.
1. Eligibility: The Sunbelt Rentals National Hat Day Sweepstakes (this “Sweepstakes”) is open only to: legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, who are at least eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry, and have an account on Facebook and/or Instagram. Creating a Facebook or Instagram account is free and may be done by downloading the free mobile app from the Apple® App Store or Google® Play or creating an account online. More information is available by visiting www.facebook.com or www.instagram.com. Internet access or mobile data charges may accrue depending on device used to enter and according to the internet/mobile carrier’s terms. Seek out a free public wi-fi hotspot to avoid any such charges.
Employees of Sponsor and Administrator, and their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes each entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. For a copy of these Official Rules, print them from www.SunbeltRentals.com/SocialSweepstakes.
2. Sponsor & Administrator: “Sponsor” is Sunbelt Rentals, Inc., 2341 Deerfield Drive, Fort Mill, SC 29715. “Administrator” is Two Rivers Marketing, 106 E 6th St, Des Moines, IA 50309.
3. Promotion Period: This Sweepstakes begins on Wednesday, January 15, 2019 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on Wednesday, January 15, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s time-keeping device is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: There are two (2) methods of entry. Each requires you to post a comment using the #SunbeltRentalsSweepsEntry hashtag during the Promotion Period on Sponsor’s official account on Facebook and/or Instagram. You may so post in response to a message from Sponsor or as a stand-alone post. Limit one (1) entry per person per platform during the entire Promotion Period. To be an eligible entry in this Sweepstakes, the entry needs to contain the hashtag #SunbeltRentalsSweepsEntry and conform to the content guidelines below. Entries must also conform to the rules and use restrictions of the social media platform chosen to enter, over which Sponsor has no control. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify non-conforming entries. Submitting entries over the entry limit is considered spam and bad form.
Content Restrictions: Posts containing content that is illegal, infringes third party intellectual property rights, violates others’ rights of privacy or publicity, is not in keeping with the good image of the Sunbelt Rentals brand, is defamatory, libelous, obscene, sexually explicit, disparaging, inciting violence or illegal activity, or otherwise objectionable, undignified or in bad taste, as determined by Sponsor, will not be an eligible entry in the Sweepstakes.
ENTRIES SUBMITTED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ARE THE POSTS/COMMENTS/VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL SUBMITTER AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY CONTENT FROM ITS SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES.
Limits on Entry: Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or social media account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, social media accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person whose account is used to enter on the applicable social media platform. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
5. Winner Selection & Notification; Odds: On the next business day following the conclusion of the Promotion Period, Administrator will randomly select two (2) potential winners from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. All potential winners will be notified via private message on the applicable social media platform used to enter, mail, email, and/or phone, in Sponsor/Administrator’s discretion. Your account on the social media platform must be set up to receive private messages to allow Sponsor’s account on the platform to contact you in connection with this Sweepstakes, which may require following Sunbelt Rentals on the applicable social media platform. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by or on behalf of Sponsor for purposes of this Sweepstakes. Potential winners must respond within 24 hours of initial notification. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by email for purposes of this Sweepstakes. If: (a) any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (b) potential winner does not respond to initial notification by email or phone within 24 hours of initial notification, or (c) potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning any prize for a given Promotion Period depend on the number of eligible entries received during that Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry used to enter. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules.
6. Prizes: Sponsor will award the following Sunbelt Rentals-branded prizes at random across winners from the Promotion Period. Each winner will receive one such prize(s). The prizes will have such colors and other features as determined by Sponsor in its discretion. Shipping costs to the winner are expected to increase the ARV shown below by up to $15 depending on winner’s location and weight of prize.
Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and any other costs or expenses in connection with claiming or using the prize, which are not specified as part of the prize description in these Official Rules. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor makes no representation to winner as to the merchantability or fitness or suitability of prize for any purpose, and Sponsor offers no manufacturer’s warranty on prize (or component of prize). No prize substitution or cash equivalent of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value.
7. Liability Release: In consideration of receiving any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Facebook, Instagram, and their respective affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any (A) liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever with respect to or in any way arising from the Sweepstakes and/or use of prizes, including, without limitation, property damage, liability for personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death caused, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or any promotion or prize-related activities, and (B) for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
8. Limits on Liability: The Released Parties described in Section 7 above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, incomplete or stolen mail, entries or prize notifications; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that administration, fulfillment, technical or other errors, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
9. Publicity Release: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state in perpetuity for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration to winner and without winner’s approval of any advertising or marketing materials.
10. General Conditions: In no event shall Sponsor be required to award more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website associated with this Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a federal or state court located in Charlotte, North Carolina; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
13. Winner List: Sponsor may post winners on its websites and social media pages. To request winner names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope on or before April 15, 2020, to Two Rivers Marketing, 106 E 6th St, Des Moines, IA 50309 Attn: Sunbelt Rentals National Hat Day.